With so many people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, it is great to know there are programs out there to help. Especially this time of year. One such great program is from the City of Mesa – Mesa CARES initiative.
The Mesa CARES Utility Assistance Program provides financial assistance to households in the City of Mesa who experienced financial hardship as a direct result of COVID-19 pandemic.
The City launched a Mesa CARES initiative in an effort to connect individuals, families, and businesses who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to available resources.
The City of Mesa received federal funding from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act to provide financial relief to address community impacts due to the public health emergency of the Coronavirus Disease 2019.
Below you will find information to apply for assistance. Also you can visit the City of Mesa website for more information.
About the Mesa CARES Utility Assistance Program:
- Utility Assistance for delinquent residential utility accounts
- For those who have a financial hardship resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Open to Mesa residents for Mesa, SRP and Southwest Gas utilities
- 30-day income look back period for household income qualification up to 300% federal poverty level
- Awards can be made up to the total open account balance
- Mesa Residents Only – Maricopa County residents and Pinal County residents should contact their county regarding assistance
- Funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until exhausted or diciembre 30, 2020
Mesa Safety Net Program: A quick way to apply for Mesa-Only utilities to prevent an impending disconnect on a delinquent account.
- Apply online City of Mesa Safety Net Utlilty Assistance Application
- Download an application: Print version of Safety Net application [PDF]
- Pick-Up an application at either Mesa Customer Service Business Office: 55 N Center Street or 6935 E Decatur Street
Application for Mesa, SRP and Southwest Gas Utilities: This application may take a bit longer to get approved if you want help with all 3 utilities. If you have an impending disconnect with your Mesa utilities, you may fill out this application with Mesa CAN and the Mesa Safety Net Program application (award funds will not be duplicated) to address your Mesa Utilities quickly.
- Apply online – Rental & Utility Assistance Application
- Download Rental & Utility Assistance Application: Print version of Mesa CAN Application [PDF]
- If you have questions, please reach out to City of Mesa 480-644-CARE (2273) for assistance
Stay Up To Date on Taxes that Affect You!! Subscribe to our General Taxpayer Weekly Tax Tip that includes bite-size and informative tips on tax and financial changes, Monthly Client Update Newsletter, and updates on our events and seminars. Follow CD Tax on Facebook!