Online Account is an online system that allows you to securely access your individual account information.
You can view:
- The amount you owe, updated for the current calendar day
- Your balance details by year
- Your payment history and any scheduled or pending payments
- Key information from your most recent tax return
- Payment plan details, if you have one
- Digital copies of select notices from the IRS
- Your Economic Impact Payments (EIP 1 and EIP 2), if any
You can also:
- Make a payment online
- See payment plan options and request a plan via Online Payment Agreement
- Access your tax records via Get Transcript
Registering for an Online Services Account
When you register for online services, you will need to verify your identity so no one else can access your IRS online account. It takes about 15 minutes to register.
Have this information ready:
- Email address
- Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
- Tax filing status and mailing address
- One financial account number linked to your name:
- Credit card – last 8 digits (no American Express, debit or corporate cards) or
- Student loan – (Enter the student loan account number provided on your statement. The account number may contain both numbers and letters. Do not include any symbols.) Additionally, we can’t verify student loans issued by Nelnet. or
- Mortgage or home equity loan or
- Home equity line of credit (HELOC) or
- Auto loan
- Mobile phone linked to your name (for faster registration) or ability to receive an activation code by mail
If you don’t have a mobile phone here is how to register for online services without a mobile phone:
- Follow the steps to register for an online services account.
- In the step for mobile phone verification, select ‘Receive an activation code by postal mail.’
- Allow 10 business days for the code to arrive by mail. The code is valid for 30 days.
- Follow the instructions included with the code to complete registration
This one-time code will allow you to create your account. You can then receive a security code via phone call to any U.S.-based phone number each time you log in
As always, should you have any questions or concerns regarding your tax situation please feel free to contact us.