The arrival of the holiday season is when many people think about how they can give back. Often taxpayers want to donate to a charity. The IRS has a tool that can help people figure out if giving to their favorite cause will also give them the gift of a tax deduction.
Tax Exempt Organization Search on IRS.gov allows users to search for tax-exempt charities. Taxpayers can use this tool to determine if donations they make to an organization are tax-deductible charitable contributions.
Here are some key features and functions of the TEOS tool:
- It provides information about an organization’s federal tax status and filings.
- Donors can use it to confirm that an organization is tax-exempt and eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
- Users can find out if an organization had its tax-exempt status revoked.
- Organizations are searchable by legal name or a doing business as name on file with the IRS.
- The search results are sortable by name, Employee Identification Number, state and country.
Users can also download complete lists of organizations eligible to receive deductible contributions, auto-revoked organizations and e-Postcard filers using links on the Tax Exempt Organization Search page of IRS.gov.
As always, should you have any questions or concerns regarding your tax situation please feel free to contact us.
Stay Up To Date on Taxes that Affect You!! Subscribe to our General Taxpayer Weekly Tax Tip that includes bite-size and informative tips on tax and financial changes, Monthly Client Update Newsletter, and updates on our events and seminars. Follow CD Tax on Facebook!